Our client is a PE backed organisation operating in the multi-site leisure sector. With revenues already approaching £600m the company is determined to secure the premium position within its sector. The company has undergone a significant restructuring over the last number of years hiring in an impressive senior leadership team, many of whom are 'market leaders’ within this sector.
As a result of planned growth, our client is looking to further develop its leadership team with the addition of a Financial Controller to their CFO directorate.
Reporting to the CFO, the main responsibilities include:
- Responsibility for all areas of statutory compliance, group reporting, statutory and management accounting, managing accounting changes (e.g. IFRS 16), all areas of tax and day to day treasury.
- Partnering closely with functions across finance and risk, and help the company manage its financial plans and compliance. You will support internal customers in all finance and accounting matters including budgeting, forecasting and cost control.
- Leading Travelodge Reporting and Accounting (covering management and statutory accounts, central costs, tax and treasury) and also Accounting Services (including accounts payable, accounts receivable, banking, payroll and financial systems administration).
- Providing financial information to support performance improvement.
- Qualified accountant (ACA)
- A leader by example, who is a driven individual, comfortable working in a lean, low ego environment
- Have significant experience managing financial controls and preparing management and statutory accounts
- Demonstrate strong technical competence and excellent attention to detail
- Have experience in high volume / low margin transactions
- Have worked in a dynamic environment requiring change