Group Financial Controller - Media - up to £75,000 - London
I have a new Group Financial Controller opportunity working for a leading international media company working with some of the biggest global brands in the entertainment, media and corporate sectors. The company has made strong positive progress in the last couple of years and their key areas of focus are growth, upscaling resource capabilities and profitability.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to join a company where they can make a real contribution and play a key role in helping to shape the business.
As the Group Financial Controller you will be experienced and commercially-minded with a proven ability to help develop and implement changes across a growing business both local and global.
- Lead and be responsible for all financial aspects of the London company strategy, whilst providing support, guidance and development to the London finance team of five, including a Finance Manager. Ensure that department objectives are met and that the company's financial and strategic position is optimised for future changes and growth opportunities.
- Oversee major financial processes and provide guidance and support to the Finance Manager and Managing Director.
- Manage the year-end audit, liaising with the auditors to produce statutory accounts on a timely basis and co-ordinate the Group consolidation, including managing the reporting process from the Group companies worldwide.
- Work closely with department heads to gain a thorough understanding of the business pressure points and opportunities, especially with the sales department, managing budgets, forecasts and strategies
- Ensure that company financial systems across the Group are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Build exceptional relationships with stakeholders across the Group and form close relationships with the respective Managing Director and other senior executives and non-executives to grow the business.
- Contribute to the development of a Group reporting strategy, including monthly consolidated accounts, Group cash flow and devising strategies for managing FOREX exposure amongst other things. The key aim is to provide financial analysis and help guide all activities, plans, targets and business drivers, enabling appropriate decision-making with the most profitable outcomes.
- Establish a formal Group financial reporting process, building on the work performed to date, which includes templates, Group policies and reporting difference analyses. This will involve you working closely with the managing directors and key financial contacts in each territory to get a smooth reporting process in place.
- Coordinate Group finance and manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, loan agreements, acquisitions and FOREX, as appropriate. This will include reviewing potential FOREX hedging opportunities and negotiating related contracts.
- Providing advice on potential acquisition and investment opportunities, performing high-level internal due diligence, and working with external advisors as required.
Essential skills and experience
- Qualified member of an accountancy body i.e. ICAEW, ICAS, ACA (or equivalent)
- Commercially astute, articulate and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels.
- Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies.
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
- High integrity and openness, combined with commitment to good governance.
- Dynamic, highly motivated, with an inquiring mind and a passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job