Parkdean Resorts, the UK’s leading holiday park operator, have the perfect opportunity for an experienced and inspirational qualified finance professional join our team in Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne on a full time permanent basis.
As we grow and expansion of our business, we are looking to expand our finance team by the appointment of a Group Financial Controller. Reporting into the Director of Finance, the Group Financial Controller will be responsible for running a large finance team (+100 staff) including all transactional accounting, management reporting and statutory reporting.
As Group Financial Controller your main responsibilities will be broken down in the multiple areas as listed below:
Responsible for the management of the Group Finance team including:
• Statutory reporting – IFRS plus PERG requirements and gradual move towards Plc compliant reporting (process, data integrity & internal controls) by 2019.
• Investor and bank reporting including quarterly reporting packs.
• Year end and audit process – including 24 day audited reporting pack.
• Management of audit committee agendas.
• Reporting controls.
• Monthly balance sheet control accounts review process.
• Tax & other regulatory compliance and efficiency.
• Fixed Assets
• Reporting to external bodies and agencies.
• Educating the business on technical developments.
Management of internal financial reporting including:
• Delivery of daily/weekly/live reporting of key reports and KPIs across the business.
• Delivery of the monthly management accounts within 3 working days of the month end.
• Business commentaries and action plans.
• Working alongside FP&A and BI to develop reporting, dashboards and KPIs.
• Management of accounting processes.
• Monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
• Variance analysis.
• Working alongside FP&A in delivery of Business Partnering, Budgeting and Forecasting.
Finance Shared Services
Management of finance shared services which includes:
• Accounts Receivable.
• Accounts Payable.
Management and leadership
Management and leadership of 3 direct reports and wider team of +100 staff with objective of delivery a highly skilled and engaged team. Providing strong support to the CFO, Director of Finance and the Audit Committee.
• Recruitment of highly skilled staff.
• Resource management.
• KPI led efficiency management.
• Regular formal communication.
• Regular team meetings and 1-2-1s.
• Target setting.
• Personal Impact Review process.
• Training and development.
Maintaining and improving the highest level of customer service levels from the team to the business and end customers:
• KPI led service levels.
• Quality control checking.
Management of the financial internal controls within the business:
• Maintenance of the Financial Delegation of Authorities.
• Monthly balance sheet reconciliation review – delivering an auditable balance sheet monthly.
• Working capital management controls.
• Financial reporting controls – gradually move towards SOX compliance.
• Maintaining segregation of duties.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job