The SF Group are currently recruiting for an exciting Group Financial Controller for a fast growing SME service business in Nottingham. This business is VC backed and has gone through a huge step change and growth both organically and through acquisitions over the last couple of years, with a strong strategic plan to double the size of the business in the next 3-4 years.
This is a newly created role as a result of business growth through acquisition and organic growth as well as promotion. As such it offers the opportunity for you to make the role your own and to gain exposure across the business and to make a name for yourself in a short amount of time.
As the Group Financial Controller, you will be reporting into the Group Finance Director, and will be responsible for budgeting, forecasting as well as providing insightful analysis to analyse data, identify trends and opportunities for improvements through to implementation. You will also lead the company's financial balance sheet and treasury forecasting and assist in management reporting and control activities.
- Oversee short/medium/long term financial forecasting processes (including balance sheet & treasury).
- Own and develop the group integrated financial modelling process and outputs.
- Management of Capital sign off
- Development & implementation of internal Audit process, engaging with key stakeholders within the business and highlighting areas of risk/recommendations for improvements to line management.
- Oversee production of accurate, timely monthly management reporting process
- Balance sheet control including monthly balance sheet reviews with divisional management accountants.
- Oversee preparation of year-end audit files, statutory accounts and tax comps
- Monitor treasury cycles, identify and act upon opportunities, reporting issues to senior management.
- Ensure compliance with relevant statutory requirements including PAYE, VAT, Corp tax & UKGAAP.
- Providing clear and direct management support to the financial accounts, payroll and administration teams
- Supporting mergers and acquisition and other corporate finance activities
- Ad hoc projects as required by group senior management
You will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with strong technical finance experience gained in a fast moving business. You will be a strong, experienced manager, confident and able to provide accurate reports to a tight deadline. You will have the ability to influence the business and will be a strong and effective communicator with excellent presentation skills. You will be adaptable and solutions focused, with a desire to make changes, improvements and efficiencies.
In return, the business offers a wealth of opportunity, growth and development, and will reward you well.
If you have strong financial accounting experience and are looking for a role where you can really make an impact on the business, then please apply now for immediate consideration.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job