Group Financial Controller
In this role you will be working for Valor Hospitality Europe which is part of a leading US hotel management company with 17 properties comprising of 7 Crowne Plaza, 1 Holiday Inn, 3 DoubleTree by Hilton, 3 Hilton Garden Inn, 1 Hotel Indigo, and 2 AC Hotels. The Company has exciting expansion plans to add more hotels.
The company has established itself as a respected and successful management company, known for having highly engaged people, delivering great levels of hospitality with commercial expertise second to none.
The Group Financial Controller role involves a range of duties, including ensuring that all accounting records are prepared accurately, timely, informatively and in line with all Company policies reflecting statutory compliance. The Group Financial Controller will coach, guide and support Hotel Financial Controllers to produce quality data, provide financial support and guidance to the General Managers.
Reporting to the Finance Director the Group Financial Controller will contribute to the business by providing appropriately informative and well-presented information to the team to assist in future forecasting and budgeting. Reviewing and challenging the accuracy of forecasts and other financial information the Group Financial Controller will ensure accuracy and adherence to company policy and statutory compliance. A key part of the central finance team you will work closely with hotels and finance teams promoting the Company purpose, values and behaviours at all times.
Key Accountabilities of the Group Financial Controller role are:
Team Development and leadership
- Financial Reporting
- To support Group Management Accountant on all financial systems
- Financial control - developing the finance S.O.P.’s and completing internal audits on all
- Budget management including the management of the hotel budgetary process including variance analysis by brand, property size and comparable indicators.
- Financial modelling & planning including preparing diverse feasibilities and quarterly ROI’s analysis for key investments
- Statutory requirements & compliance needs including supporting and executing all legal compliance, principally but not limited to PCI and data protection compliance.
- Leading and supporting business growth including supporting with acquisitions and the smooth integration of new acquisitions or disposals from an operational finance perspective
Key Personal Attributes
To join the Valor team we need individuals who can drive commerciality through caring and pride. Being personable, reliable, inspirational, driven and enthusiastic by nature.
Key Performance Behavioural Indicators
The key performance behavioural requirements of the Group Financial Controller role include:
- Providing leadership which utilises the full potential of the team.
- Promoting effective relationships with individuals and other departments.
- Acquiring skills and knowledge relating to the job role.
- Setting measurable performance standards, objectives and goals to be achieved.
- Improving quality and service standards by paying attention to detail.
- Anticipating potential problems and business opportunities within the planning process.
- Demonstrating a systematic approach to organisation and administration.
- Focusing on producing results through encouraging high achievement.
The successful applicant must have previous proven experience as a Financial Controller in a similar environment - ideally hospitality/leisure/tourism/retail. With all round proven experience in finance, including budgeting, forecasting and production of period end accounts, the successful applicant will be able to communicate at all levels, possess strong interpersonal skills, an analytical ability and a good instinct for business and effective leadership skills.
This role will involve travel throughout UK.
In return we offer a very competitive salary and excellent benefits package including Company Car, mobile, private medical and contributory pension scheme.
Please visit http://www.valorhospitalityeuropejobs.com to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.
- Financial Controller
- Producing Results
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job