Group Financial Accountant
This will be a varied position, reporting directly to the Group Financial Controller where you will be responsible for the management of the Group's financial accounting, taxation and treasury activities. This is a key role in the Group finance team and is fundamental to maintaining finance's role as an added value service team.
The main overview of responsibilities will include:
- Oversight of head office company accounting
- Technical accounting lead for the group
- Identifying weaknesses and issues in the groups systems and processes
- Playing a key role in assisting in group budgeting and forecasting exercises
- Responsibility for the preparation of all Statutory Financial Statements across the Group
- Support in managing the Group's Banking and Treasury activities including day to day liaison with the Groups bankers and coordination of the delivery of all information required under the banking agreements
- Coordination of the external audit process including liaison with the auditors, agreement of the audit plan and coordination of the internal delivery across the Group
- Responsibility for ensuring compliance with all tax legalisation, including management and coordination of the preparation of Group corporation tax returns, and other regulatory reporting requirements
To be considered for this role you MUST have the following:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ ACCA) with strong technical skills
- Experience of statutory reporting in listed entities and knowledge of UK GAAP accounting standards
- Demonstrate a rigorous, organised and thorough approach to your work, with particular attention to high quality reporting
- High level of experience of excel as well as accounting and consolidation software
- Great organisational skills, with the capability to deliver in a time-pressured environment, whilst managing multiple work-streams
- Ability to explain complex accounting to non-experts and to share knowledge and information
- Ability to solve problem and initiate improvements
This business is an employer of choice in the region, offering an environment that boasts a dynamic working culture and good career development opportunities. The successful Financial Accountant will have every chance to progress through the organisation due to the size and opportunities that can be made available.
If you meet the criteria for this role, and are interested in being put forward please do not hesitate to apply or contact me to discuss.
Elevation Accountancy & Finance focuses on the recruitment of talented Accountancy and Finance professionals across all levels, from entry level trainees through to post qualified accountants.
- Group Financial Accountant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'