Investigo are urgently seeking a Group Financial Accountant for a FTSE 50 business based in Bedfordshire.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the UK's largest businesses in a role providing exceptional technical accounting expertise across the Group to the senior leadership teams. As a key part of a fast paced, friendly and dedicated Group finance team, you will ensure compliance with external financial reporting requirements, drive continuous improvement in reporting, and be the go-to technical expert across both our Group functions, and the brands.
As a highly regarded, market leading FTSE 50 business, the organisation will both stretch and challenge your existing skills, alongside providing a supportive environment.
- Hands-on production and delivery of Group financial statements at both half and full year, ensuring that the Board of Directors meet their legal requirements in relation to financial reporting disclosures
- Ownership and development of the Group accounting policies manual, including leading on projects to determine the impact of new and amended accounting standards
- Providing best-in-class technical advice - utilising your existing expertise to support the Group and brand finance teams
- Key contact for Group external audit team, ensuring delivery of relevant evidence to support the Group financial statements
- Ownership for preparation of subsidiary statutory accounts to ensure complete compliance with our legal responsibilities
- Involvement in ad hoc projects and continuous improvement initiatives providing a wide variety of challenges and experience. An opportunity to improve and bring further maturity to our systems and processes
To apply -
- You will be a qualified accountant with extensive Group experience ideally gained within a large PLC.
- Be an immediately available self-starter
- Be technically strong and possess business partnering skills to engage with the wider business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job