An opportunity to join the Group Finance function of a FTSE 250 Global business, based in West Midlands, as a Group Financial Accountant. The role offers a clear career progression pathway supporting the group strategy to drive growth and increase operating profits.
A global specialist engineering group that designs, manufacturers and services highly engineered products, based in the West Midlands. The Group work with industrial customers across a range of high growth sectors. The FTSE 250 business has manufacturing facilities in more than 20 countries and operates a global service network.
The successful Group Financial Accountant will be responsible for:
- Drive improvements in the efficiency and effectiveness of processes and systems within the department
- Management of accounting and monthly reporting for various head-office entities;
- Assist with the preparation of the Group's Annual and Half Year Financial Statements, including full responsibility for the Group's consolidation process;
- Project manage the subsidiary statutory accounts process and prepare the statutory accounts for a number of UK entities;
- Work with our auditors to ensure an effective and efficient external audit process;
- Assist in reviewing and analysing the impact on the Group of upcoming changes in accounting standards;
- Assist with the preparation of acquisition opening balance sheets, as appropriate;
- Support the forthcoming transition to IFRS 16 for the Group; and
- Other ad-hoc finance related projects as they arise.
The successful Group Financial Accountant will be:
Strong technical accounting skills and experience of listed Groups preferable
Strong communicator - ability to confidently present ideas and information to Senior Management
Strong IT skills, experienced in use of Excel and ability to pick up new systems (previous use of Cognos is an advantage)
- Hard work and driven
- A team player
Working knowledge of a foreign languages is desirable but not mandatory