An opportunity has arisen for a Group Financial Accountant based in our Sale, Manchester Office.
The Group Financial Accountant role is a varied role within the Group Finance team. Key responsibilities include; the preparation of the Group consolidation, management accounts and commentary; preparation of IFRS and FRS101 compliant statutory accounts; amongst a range of other ad hoc tasks to support the needs of a rapidly growing Group which may include due diligence and other transaction-related projects.
The opportunity is the perfect step for a recently qualified candidate coming out of a large firm into industry who is keen to understand and help shape the working process of a fast-growing business whilst having exposure to M&A, budgeting and senior stakeholder interaction.
Key Duties are:
- Act as a source of internal accounting technical expertise on financial reporting and disclosure issues under IFRS; with particular focus on acquisition accounting.
- Ensuring consistency of reporting; approach, practices and policies across the Group
- Involvement in Business planning process; design and implementation of the business planning process, forecasting, presentation and ongoing monitoring of performance.
- Consolidation and management of Group-wide cash flow and banking arrangements, including covenant compliance.
- Preparation of statutory accounts in accordance with IFRS and FRS 101
- Preparation and presentation of monthly consolidations and consolidated management accounts
- Interaction with external auditors - Half Year Review and full year audit / Annual Report
- A broad range of ad hoc projects to support a growing Group
In order to succeed in this role, the successful candidate will:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA)
- Experience of group audit engagements and technical accounting (ideally with a Big 4 accounting firm)
- Candidate must have demonstrable strong financial accounting skills and up-to-date knowledge of accounting developments
- Must be organised with the ability to effectively prioritise and complete tasks in a high pressured environment
- Must be willing to work out of normal office hours where necessary and to travel in the UK
The successful candidate will be required to be flexible and work in diverse ways to accommodate organisational needs. You will need to be self-motivated, committed and highly influential.
The ideal candidate will have achieved goals and objectives through positive workforce motivation. Requiring strong problem solving, decision making, organisational, communication, interpersonal, and customer focus skills.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job