Our client, a large PLC in the North East is looking for a Group Financial Accountant to join their well-established team.
Responsible for the consolidation and presentation of the company’s financial results, the Group Financial Accountant will work with the Group Finance team to ensure compliance with accounting standards. You will also drive financial reporting and control throughout the Group.
This is a unique opportunity to join a large PLC, with a strong finance team to help deliver strong results.
- Consolidation of the monthly management accounts and preparation of the various Board reports and management account packs, ensuring compliance with IFRS. Full responsibility for posting consolidation journals and preparation of the Group balance sheet reconciliations;
- Key involvement in the production of the full year Group Annual Report and Accounts; including consolidation of key financial statements and all related notes. This will also involve liaison with external auditors, professional advisors and internal departments (Investor Relations and Company Secretarial);
- and/or review of statutory financial statements for all trading subsidiaries and dormant companies within the Group;
- Consolidation of the annual Corporate Plan and the quarterly forecasts; including the preparation of senior management reports;
- Preparation of financial information for the half year results announcement and the trading update statements
- Provision of support to the operating companies finance teams, as required;
- Preparation and responsibility for the accounting records of start-up operations for consolidation purposes and over-seeing hand-over one local teams are set-up;
- Preparation and/or review of various accounting tasks, such as VAT, insurance provisions, office of national statistics surveys, etc;
- Fully Qualified - ACA
- Technical Accounting & Reporting knowledge
- Commercial mind-set
- Experience of Oracle/ Cognos TM1 (Desirable)
- Strategic and analytical mind-set
- Presentation skills
- Strong spreadsheet skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
This role is moving quickly, and interviews are currently being arranged. If this is of interest- please send an updated copy of your CV immediately.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job