Hours: Monday - Friday, 40 Hours per week.
Base: Based at The Montague on the Gardens Hotel. The role may involve site visits to all RCH properties in the UK and Europe and occasional periods of overseas travel. It may be necessary to work extra hours at peak times such as quarter end and year end.
This role will be reporting directly to the Director of Finance and is an ideal stepping stone for an ambitious accountant looking to move into management.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Previous hotel experience desirable
- Previous man management and training experience - 3 direct reports
- Reviewing monthly management reports for the UK properties.
- Be responsible for planning and conducting internal control reviews as directed by the Director of Finance, identifying areas of risk and putting forward recommendations to improve controls.
- Deal with monthly payroll reconciliation and year end reporting and analysis.
- Responsible for maintaining group intercompany Balance Sheet matrix and being the first point of contract with the Group head office in Guernsey.
- Maintain and reconcile the groups Corporation Tax records and ensure annual returns are filed in a timetable fashion.
- Develop new forecasting and cash flow processes.
- Assist with the production of the year end management and statutory accounts for the UK and Guernsey companies.
- To liaise with the external auditors during the interim and year end audits, ensuring that all that all requests for information are collated in a timely and accurate manner.
- Deputise for the Director of Finance as and when required.
- Undertaking ad-hoc projects and business analysis as per business requirements.
- To liaise with hotel and regional office colleagues at all levels and provide feedback and support where necessary.
- Candidates needs to be articulate and self confident - able to deal with operational managers as well as finance team members
- Self starter who can bring new ideas to the role and is not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Can demonstrate a commitment to a career in Finance through academic achievement or on going study.