We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Group Financial Accountant to join our busy Finance team at our head office in Barlborough.
Avant Homes is a privately-owned housebuilder which currently operates in Scotland, North East England, Yorkshire and the Midlands - last year we built over 1,600 homes.
Avant Homes is pioneering change in the UK housebuilding industry by constantly challenging the status quo. We are restless in discovering better ways to design, specify and deliver outstanding homes - hugely ambitious and accelerating towards our next milestone of becoming a £500m turnover, 2,000 unit per annum developer.
Due to continued success and growth, we are currently recruiting for a Group Financial Accountant to be based at the Head Office in Barlborough, just South of Sheffield. This is an ideal opportunity to join and support a value adding group finance function in a dynamic and growing business.
- Highly competitive salary of; £42,500 per annum
- Company car or car allowance
- Performance related bonus of up to 15%
- Private healthcare cover
- Company pension
- My Avant Rewards
- 25 days holiday etc.
Group Financial Accountant Responsibilities:
Working with the Group Finance Director and Group Financial Controller, you will manage the Group’s financial accounting, taxation and treasury activities. This is a key role in the Group finance team and is fundamental to maintaining finance’s role as an added value service team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Oversight of head office company accounting.
- Technical accounting lead for the group.
- Identifying weaknesses and issues in the groups systems and processes and addressing.
- Key role in assisting in group budgeting and forecasting exercises.
- Responsibility for the preparation of all Statutory Financial Statements across the Group.
- Support in managing the Group’s banking and Treasury activities including day to day liaison with the Groups bankers and coordination of the delivery of all information required.
- Coordination of the external audit process including liaison with the auditors, agreement of the audit plan and coordination of the internal delivery across the Group.
- Responsibility for ensuring compliance with all tax legalisation, including management and coordination of the preparation of Group corporation tax returns, etc.
The ideal Group Financial Accountant:
To be successful for this position, you will be a dynamic, energised individual who is able to be a team player but also work independently in an environment of continued change.
You will ideally be large Practice Trained ACA with minimum 1-year post qualification experience.
You will also possess:
- Good communications skills – written and verbal
- Extensive current technical knowledge of accounting standards, in particular IFRS and UK GAAP
- Ability to engage positively and proactively with key members of both the senior management team and external advisors
If you are looking for your next challenge as our Group Financial Accountant, then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
Avant Homes - Good.Better.DifferentThe vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job