New Group Financial Accountant Role for Large & Recognisable Retail Organisation in Manchester (12 month FTC)
My client are a listed PLC and recognisable retail organisation in the greater Manchester area.
Your new role
Due to new legislation, the incumbent of this position is going to be working on a year long project and it will need to be back filled.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
Ownership Of Financial Accounting / Reporting
- Consolidation of the Group financial accounts on a monthly basis.
- Preparation of the Group Board Report on a monthly basis.
- Preparation of the Annual Report and Accounts for the Plc.
- Preparation of financial information for external announcements / presentations.
- Preparation of monthly accounts and other supplementary information.
- Preparation of subsidiary statutory accounts.
- Consolidation of the Group budget balance sheet.
- Key point of contact for external auditors - preparation of full supporting files for audit.
- Understand how standards should apply in a commercial retail context.
- Commercial review of monthly input from other Group Companies.
- Work with colleagues in corporate finance projects / due diligence.
- Acquisition accounting
- Balance sheet reviews for all UK subsidiaries not based at Head Office
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be a qualified accountant, with an audit background (ACA/ACCA). You will ideally have audited large clients, although this is not essential.
What you'll get in return
You will get a salary of up to £45,000 + benefits (this may be flexible) and the opportunity to work for a recognisable large PLC. This role would be ideal for a first time mover looking to get a year of solid industry experience on their CV. However, the client is more than happy to take on a candidate with more experience.
There is no guarantee that there will be a permanent role at the end, although due to the growth and amount of newly created finance positions over the last year, it is likely there will be options to explore internally.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- New Group Financial Accountant Role for Large & Recognisable Retail Organisation in Manchester (12 month FTC)