Gifford and Partners are working in partnership with one of Yorkshires most exciting and well-regarded employers.
Although Group Finance Manager by title, there is a lot more to this role with lots of project work that falls outside of the regular cyclical work you would expect in a Group Finance Manager role. Working in a respected accounting team that not only supports the UK but will also support overseas offices in areas of accounting, compliance and tax projects whilst other responsibilities will include;
- Providing excellent accounting and project support to the wider business.
- Taking responsibility for the reporting process for UK entities including supporting the Head of Group Finance.
- Give direction and be a key liaison as a member of the UK audit process.
- Performing project work as required by the Head of UK Accounting, and the Global Accounting function. This may involve business partnering with overseas business entities from the UK headquarters.
- Ensuring compliance with all covenant reporting and providing support and expertise to finance and the wider business to ensure the UK legal entity accounts are prepared in line with IFRS and the company Finance Manual
Essentially this role will suit a highly rated ACA/ACCA qualified who is practice trained and could be embarking on their first move into industry or a second move having done a brief spell in industry already. You will be able to demonstrate a strong technical grounding and ideally have experience of dealing with IFRS. At this level, it is a given that you should have strong communication skills and capable of conversing with non-financial and operational stakeholders. This role will be supported an mentored by a senior member of the management team with a view to offering accelerated career progression.
A great role in a forward-looking business reporting to and mentored by an outstanding Group Financial Controller this is one role not to miss out on. Please get in touch with the team at GAP on quoting ref: 0112
- Financial Reporting
- UK GAAP
- Financial Accountant
- company accountant
- Finance Business Partner
- group Accounting