Group Finance Manager (External Reporting)
Whitbread PLC; Based out of our Head Office in Dunstable
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package (incl car/allowance)
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the UK’s largest hospitality providers, Whitbread PLC, in a role providing exceptional technical accounting expertise across the Group and to our senior leadership teams. As a key part of a fast paced, friendly and dedicated Group finance team, you will ensure compliance with external financial reporting requirements, drive continuous improvement in reporting, and be the go-to technical expert across both our Group functions, and our brands; including Premier Inn, our restaurants and Costa Coffee.
As a highly regarded, market leading FTSE 50 business, our organisation will both stretch and challenge your existing skills, alongside providing a supportive environment that will allow you to grow and develop, offering unrivalled career opportunities as you grow your career with us.
What will you be doing:-
- Hands-on production and delivery of our Group financial statements at both half and full year, ensuring that our Board of Directors meet their legal requirements in relation to financial reporting disclosures
- Ownership and development of the Group accounting policies manual, including leading on projects to determine the impact of new and amended accounting standards
- Providing best-in-class technical advice – utilising your existing expertise to support our Group and brand finance teams
- Key contact for Group external audit team, ensuring delivery of relevant evidence to support the Group financial statements
- Ownership for preparation of subsidiary statutory accounts to ensure complete compliance with our legal responsibilities
- Involvement in ad hoc projects and continuous improvement initiatives providing a wide variety of challenges and experience. An opportunity to improve and bring further maturity to our systems and processes
Why we would love you to apply:-
A fully qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA) with 2-5 years PQE, your acute intelligence, natural numeracy and business acumen will be underpinned by a strong and relevant degree qualification (or similar) at a 2:1 or above
Your experience will ensure that you have developed the ability to interpret and apply accounting standards to provide expert technical accounting advice to a range of stakeholders.
A detailed understanding of both IFRS and UK GAAP will provide the foundations of your guidance and recommendations
Your best-in-class analytical ability will benefit from being balanced with an equally personable and people-centric approach to engage your stakeholders and nurture excellent working relationships
A technical and hands-on way of working will ensure you are a success in this role when combined with essential experience of producing statutory accounts and disclosures
A bit about us:-
Premier Inn is the UK’s largest hotel chain and is part of one of the UK’s leading hospitality companies in the FTSE50, Whitbread PLC. With over 755 hotels and more than 65,000 rooms across the UK and Ireland, we have grown rapidly. We have set ambitious growth plans, and by 2020, we plan to increase the size of Premier Inn to around 85,000 UK rooms, as well as expanding our international presence to 50 hotels.
Whitbread Restaurants form a significant part of our leading hospitality company and includes our much-loved brands; Table Table, Beefeater, Brewers Fayre, Whitbread Inns – alongside our new concepts, Bar+Block and Cookhouse & Pub. We serve over 50 million meals a year in our restaurants, ‘Serving Up Great Memories’ for our customers.
Costa is the nation's favorite coffee shop brand*, pouring our heart and soul into everything we do and creating moments to remember for our customers, our communities and for each other. Together we turn sips into smiles, choices into opportunities and passions into careers.
We are fully committed to growing legendary brands through building a strong customer heartbeat and innovating to stay ahead. We are dedicated to our core values; being genuine, confident and committed, and are proud of our winning teams, who make every day experiences special for our customers.