Group Reporting Manager
Reports To: Group Financial Controller
ACA qualified with a minimum of 3 years industry experiences is a must to be suitable for this role
You will provide key support to the Group Financial Controller for global and group statutory and compliance reporting. Your role will entail being the technical finance lead for the group, supporting accurate and timely reporting, application and updating of policies/procedures and guidance to all Finance teams across the group.
You will collaborate with the Company Secretary, Legal and other teams as required and will keep an open and appropriate level of knowledge sharing and confidentiality.
You are a driven individual who will assist in implementing changes and embedding strong controls and new process to the Treasury and other finance functions over the coming year.
Group Statutory Multicurrency Consolidation & Reporting
- Perform quarterly multicurrency consolidation & reporting using Hyperion Financial Management (HFM).
- Reporting to Senior Management, Board and Shareholder.
- Move to monthly consolidation, working capital reporting.
- Faster close and reporting.
- Maintenance of the JDE ledger integrity and consolidation ledgers mapping for the group, including the updating of the global coding manual and publishing on the Global Knowledge Centre (GKC).
Preparation of Statutory Accounts
- Preparation of Group Consolidated Statutory Accounts under FRS 102.
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts for key subsidiaries.
- Support local finance in preparation of accounts for remaining group companies.Expected Improvements:
- Transition from Microsoft Word based documents to specialised statutory account package (CCH) for all active UK entities.
Annual statutory group audit with a half year audit review, interim controls. The expectation is to manage a "no surprises" process for Artemis reporting, so plan for no to minimal audit adjustments, timely management of audit issues and audit completion.
External Audit of Consolidated Accounts
- Auditor liaison, planning and fee negotiation for group and bank guarantor entities.
- Reduce reporting and external audit timetable for further efficiencies, manage subsequent event risks and allow teams to move onto planning for the current year sooner.
Accounting for Holding Companies
- Accounting duties for holding companies, bank reconciliations, accruals, journal posting etc.
Group Close Timetable & Instructions
- Liaise with Regional Finance teams, Senior Management and the group MI team to agree JDE close timetable.
- Issue group reporting instructions to Regional Finance teams on a quarterly basis at a minimum.
Balance Sheet Risk Assessment
- Coordinate with Regional Financial Controllers and Managers to assess key risks - RAG and Finance Dashboard.
Accounting Policies & Procedures
- Ownership of accounting policies and procedures, updating for new standards, communication of changes in policies to Regional Finance and publishing on the GKC.
- Create and manage, with the Accounting Operations teams, a register of policies, ensure maintenance of these to best practice standards with updates as required, allocated owners and annual reviews.
- Banking covenant calculations (under old UK GAAP)
- UK Pensions Accounting
- Strike-offs of dormant entities
- Participate in Finance change projects as required
- Plan, prepare and facilitate training across the group as required
Skills & Qualifications
As your team will be small, you will be doing the 'doing’ as well as managing. You will have a genuine desire to develop your team members and will work to create a cross-skilled team with a good depth and breadth of experience.
Send your CV now.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
For more Finance jobs please contact me or one of my colleagues at CMC Consulting Ltd
CMC Consulting is committed to equal opportunities. We do our best to ensure that the wording used in our job vacancies does not discriminate against any individual in any way. Please contact us if you feel that this is not the case.