AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have an outstanding workplace culture that encourages innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energised and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
AstraZeneca’s Finance function is continuing its transformation journey with the objective of delivering excellence in financial operations and insight. As this strategy continues to drive the efficiency and performance of the business, to the benefit of millions of patients worldwide, outstanding finance support and leadership becomes ever more meaningful.
Are you a qualified finance professional with experience of enterprise planning and reporting? Do you have a track record of delivering change? As outstanding finance support becomes ever more meaningful, this role offers you the chance to work as part of the Group Planning and Business Performance function based in Cambridge.
As the Group Finance Business Performance Manager, you will play a key role in Group reporting and planning processes, driving central understanding and insight to advise decision making. This role offers the chance to add real business value through improved insight on the AZ Group Financial and Business Performance, and the opportunity to build strong and wide-ranging networks within Group and wider AZ Finance function.
Please apply to join us!
We are looking for a candidate with relevant expertise and experience, but more importantly a problem solver, simplifier, integrator, connector and communicator. A change agent who challenges, works with an agile, positive attitude, and has the ability to think differently and make it happen.Principal Accountabilities of the role:
The role reports to the Group Finance – Director of Business Performance and will primarily be responsible for:
- Supporting on delivery of monthly, quarterly and yearly management reporting of the AZ Group, including monthly sales reporting, monthly performance pack for SET, presentations to FLT/FSMT, SET and Board, among others1.
- Supporting other monthly reporting responsibilities such as e.g. non-commercial month end variances explanation / narratives, Remuneration Committee Papers, Mid-Month Sales Forecasting, AZ Group Gross Margin analysis
- Support critical year on year transition processes such as Boundary Changes and PY Restatement
- Support the Operational planning cycles (RBUs / LRP2) to analyse business forecasts, understand and evaluate key business drivers for AZ Group, ensuring process is underpinned by consistent assumptions, and prepare materials for FSMT, SET & Board reviews.
- Support full rollout and stabilisation through BAU transition and future improvements of the recently deployed Group Management Reporting Platforms (e.g. ERRP external sales reporting, statutory to management reporting reconciliation)
- Drive further standardization and simplification of management reporting, using new tools and minimizing manual inputs
- Identify areas suitable for automation and work with the Finance Transformation team on system solutions
- Support Senior Management ad hoc projects and central initiatives
- Able to optimally assist and collaborate with the wider Group Planning & Business Performance Team
- MBA or other Finance/Business qualification e.g. Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Excellent academic record
- Analytical Finance Professional with the ability to deliver succinct, high impact briefing material suitable for SET / Board level audiences
- Experience of Commercial Finance and/or FP&A within a pharmaceutical business
- Proactive and delivery focused, comfortable working in a dynamic, challenging environment
- Strong systems skills; advanced Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint, knowledge of Hyperion Planning inc. SmartView would also be advantageous
- “Right the first time” mindset
- Attention to detail and dedication to high quality and reliability of deliverables
- Problem solving skills, ability to identify root causes and propose or implement robust solutions
- Upbeat, resilient and tenacious
- Excellent influencing and communication skills with the confidence to engage senior partners
- Good networking skills
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'