Our client, a constantly evolving, dynamic Media organization in Central London are looking for a Group Finance Analyst to join the team in a newly created role. You will work closely with the portfolio of businesses as well as the divisional Finance Directors and CFOs of the subsidiary businesses.
The responsibility of the role is to assist in processing and delivering regular P&L performance reporting and current year forecasting across the business portfolio to the CFO, combined with ad hoc analysis to support the business, and in particular the CEO, in making decisions. You will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of weekly results to the CFO
- To assist in the logistics of the weekly reporting process and execute systems changes
- Investigate and solve any variances which arise during the weekly reporting process
- Understand the full P&Ls for the business comprised of titles; digital, print operations and brand extensions as well as subsidiaries
- Assist with investigating variances in results against expectations with other finance staff
- Completion of the month end process including system and organisational assistance
- Consolidation of the UK Group numbers and the reporting required to support the sign off process
- Offering assistance to teams where required and liaising with finance system development team for problem resolution
- Ensuring the Finance Manager is made aware of any problems or delays
- Supporting the on-going development of reporting outputs and monthly review process
- Providing systems and organisational assistance around the Budget and Forecast process
- Consolidation of the Group numbers and the reporting required to support the sign-off process
- Summary schedules for presentational purposes
You will need to be a qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) with strong academics and be used to working in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Strong interpersonal skills and communication will be key along with accuracy and excel skills. The company is keen to find someone that is wanting to take advantage of the strong culture of succession planning and career opportunities.