The Group Finance Analyst will be a key member of the Finance team. Led by the CFO, this team is formed of nine members and is responsible for the Group’s financial forecasting, planning and analysis, cashflow and treasury management, group reporting and technical accounting, taxation, audit, operational and commercial finance and corporate accounting for the head office function.
The role is based at the Rocco Forte’s corporate office in London, but will involve occasional travel to hotels within the group.
The role will include the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Preparation of the monthly Group cashflow / covenant forecasting model;
- Review of covenant compliance, preparation and submission of covenant certificates to Bank;
- Preparation of the group internal debt funding calculations and provision of monthly debt / interest statements to the hotels;
- Working with Hotel FC’s to monitor and manage working capital requirements;
- Owner of the intercompany matrix and intercompany loan accounts;
- Reporting on cash reserves available to the Group including preparation of the short-term cash flow model and weekly cash report;
- Processing of funds transfers and foreign currency purchases;
- Review of compliance returns relating to banking (including facility limits and excess cash flow reviews);
- Review and implementation of the Group’s hedging strategy; including providing advice on treasury strategies in relation to interest rate and foreign exchange risk;
- Providing the first point of contact for our External Financiers;
- Assisting with financial modelling and preparation of feasibility studies (particularly for Development team);
- Preparation of Board, Finance and Executive Committee papers as and when required;
- Responsible for administration of Corporate Credit Card facility;
- Periodic cover for the Group’s 'callover’ process (the Group’s weekly review of results) and the Group Management Accounts preparation; and
- Ad hoc projects typical for this type of role.
The ideal candidate will be currently working as Chartered Accountant who also has strong accounting skills along with good commercial experience. They will also good inter-personal skills, a strategic thinker and able to look at the bigger picture whilst also having a good attention to detail. They must be proactive and professional, able to deal with ad hoc requests whilst maintaining focus on their larger projects. A high degree of Excel proficiency is important as is a high degree of IT literary. Exposure to the hotel sector is desirable, but not essential.
A high level of communication skills is essential; fluent English (written and spoken) is essential and any of Italian, German or Russian are desirable.
- Commercial Finance
- Corporate Credit
- Financial Forecasting
- Treasury Management