45-55k + Bonus + Package
- Global market leading business
- Prestigious premium brand client base
- Newly created role to support the growth strategy for the business
Great opportunity to join an expanding service sector company in Manchester who are already global market leaders in their field. As part of the continued investment in people and modern web technology they are seeking to strengthen their central e-commerce team with an ambitious and experienced candidate to support the growth strategy of the business. Industry leading b2b and b2c e-commerce solutions are a very important and fast-growing part of the companies professional services.
The Group E-Commerce Manager is responsible for team of four and the role includes infrequent travelling mainly to overseas sites.
Your areas of responsibility will include:
- Hands-on management of the group e-commerce team responsible for web project management, front-end development, content management and support
- Fostering and leading a culture of continuous improvement and professional service mentality within the group e-commerce team
- Ensure a professional and process-driven operation of the e-commerce team
- Further development of global e-commerce strategy
- Further develop an industry leading bespoke e-commerce platform (front- and back-end)
- Manage the strategic partnership with our external developers
- Drive innovation to ensure the e-commerce solutions continue to be a competitive advantage
- Ensure that the e-commerce solutions comply with high best practice security standards
- Support sales and new business teams with presenting e-commerce capabilities to customers and with the development of concepts for customer specific solutions
- Keep the sales and new business teams informed about e-commerce capabilities and future plans
Key attributes required for the position include at least 3 years leadership experience in a similar b2b and b2c eCommerce environment, preferably within a service industry. You should possess strong expertise in common techniques and technologies used to integrate web applications with external systems such as SSO, SAML 2.0, cXML, and punch-out. Strong expertise and work experience with e-commerce platforms for b2b and b2c scenarios and with appealing, modern front end design is essential. Experience with the management of external developers would also be advantageous.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job