Charles Taylor plc is a global leading provider of professional services to the insurance industry. The group manages mutual insurance companies, provides specialist loss adjusting services, runs a Lloyd’s Managing Agency and syndicate and is a provider of a diverse range of outsourced management and technical insurance services for the global market.
We are now recruiting a Group Data Privacy Manager accountable for developing and implementing our privacy/data protection framework across our group of businesses as well as ensuring on-going compliance with GDPR. This role will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing organisational guidelines and strategies to protect personal information.
This is a high-profile, group wide role with a global remit that forms part of our compliance and risk team. The individual will work closely with senior management and act as a subject matter expert.
- Leading and project managing the design and implementation of necessary data protection policies, standards, procedures and guidelines
- Taking accountability for ensuring compliance with all related privacy and data protection regulations across the group
- Setting and maintaining the Privacy & Data Protection Standards
- Acting as a main point of contact for all issues that relate to the protection of personal data
- Working in close collaboration with IT security team to ensure all systems meet security needs
- Providing policy advice and guidance as well as necessary training to all areas of the business in relation to data privacy
- Work in conjunction with senior representatives in the business to work through and provide practical solutions to data protection issues that affect them
- Drafting complex documentation such as data transfer agreements, privacy impact assessments and data processing agreements
- Reviewing and advising on DPA clauses in customer terms and supplier contracts
- Prepare information and present to the Group Assurance Committee and Audit Committee of the Board as appropriate
The ideal candidate will be legally qualified with proven and extensive post qualification experience in data protection/data privacy. You will have expert knowledge in and ability to interpret specific regulation and legislation (Data Protection Act, General Data Protection Regulation, Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, legislation/regulation and guidance). Ideally you will possess one or more data protection qualifications, e.g. CDP, CIPM or Certified EU GDPR practitioner.
You will be well versed in managing projects with excellent interpersonal skills and commercial acumen with the ability to understand the needs of a complex global business. You should be able to educate and influence senior stakeholders and work in a fast-paced environment.
Why Charles Taylor?
Charles Taylor currently employs over 2000 staff working in over 70 offices in 29 countries worldwide. We are a profitable, growing organisation that is highly regarded in the insurance industry as a top tier provider of professional services, employing some of the industry’s ‘best in class’ professionals and technical experts. Our delivery of high quality, individually tailored services to our clients is backed by our core values of excellence, partnership, quality and support, and we look for employees to join us who exemplify these values and our ethos.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job