Midwich is a forward-thinking AIM listed organisation, whose international growth projection is both exciting and demanding. Our partners are world leading brands including Samsung, LG, Canon and Panasonic to name a few and they demand effective marketing that delivers results through sales.
Part of Midwich’s future strategy is to continue its successful buy and grow activities, which have traditionally been led by the Group Managing Director.
As one of the leading AV/IT distribution Companies in the UK, we offer a range of exciting career paths in Sales, Business Management, Finance, Marketing and Logistics to name but a few.
Group Cyber Security Engineer
We have a fantastic new opening for a Cyber Security Engineer to work across our Group sites. We are seeking a talented individual to implement and manage existing information, security tools and controls whilst identifying any potential areas of improvement.
This is an excellent opportunity for the Cyber Security Engineer to not only take on a role that will add a positive impact to the business straight away, but also grow and shape this area of the business whilst working with a range of emerging technology.
You will be involved in detailed security assessments as part of the security incident team assisting with infrastructure projects. In addition, you will:
- conduct penetration testing for all Midwich Group companies.
- produce detailed technical & non-technical reports.
- assist with training of security best practices.
- take ownership of customer issues reported and see problems through to resolution.
To be successful you will have a demonstrable understanding of cyber security issues within in a fast-moving environment. You will have an aptitude for achieving a high level of standards and technical problems with the ability to work within a team. You will need to adapt quickly to change and being flexible to situations is essential. In addition, you will have:
- relevant certifications (desirable but not essential) in either CISSP, CISM, SIEM or OWASP.
- hands-on IT experience in security technologies (for example DLP technology, firewall configuration, IDS/IPR systems).
- experience of working with and implementing a variety of security tools and controls.
- demonstrable commercial experience in an IT Security position, with a focus on network infrastructure.
- the ability to have technical discussions with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- at least 3+ years’ experience working in a IT security role.
- good documentation skills and an eye for detail.
- the ability to multitask and prioritise calls / issues using your own initiative.
- Office 365 security best practice.
- working knowledge of DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, Group Policy.
In addition to a rewarding career, great working atmosphere and competitive salary, we also offer the following benefits:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Permanent Health Scheme
- Life Cover
- Profit Related Pay
- Paid Sickness Leave
- Staff Purchase Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Discounts from Local Businesses
- Recruitment Finders Fee
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Reduced Gym Membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free Car Parking
- Shares Programme
If you think you have what it takes for the above roles please apply below.
Due to the high volume of applications currently being received, should you fail to hear a response within three weeks of submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
(No recruitment agencies or other job boards)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job