A superb opportunity to join one of the world’s largest and most innovative business services companies operating across 180 countries; this role offers genuine scope for impact to a technically savvy and ambitious accountant.
Reporting to the Group FM you will have responsibility for:
- Ensure senior management have the information that is accurate, robust and readily available.
- Consolidation of approximately 65 reporting entities with a combined turnover of €3.7bn.
- Ownership of the Group Statutory Accounts processes.
- Project manager for various process improvement projects relating to reporting.
- Owner of the EMEA chart of accounts (used by 90% of the group’s subsidiaries).
- Superuser for the group’s consolidation accounting system.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of monthly financial and units reporting
- Review monthly reporting of units and financials from the group’s subsidiaries for errors, and communicate with the subsidiary teams to correct them quickly
- Manage projects to improve the processes relating to reporting received from the group’s subsidiaries, and reporting to head office in Japan.
- Preparation of acquisition accounting journals for newly acquired subsidiaries
- Training and support for newly acquired group companies.
- Assist subsidiary companies in the application of group financial and reporting policies to ensure consistent and reliable reporting.
- Review and consolidation of the annual budgets, including supporting the subsidiaries in loading their data into the system.
You will be:
A qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or international equivalent) with PQE + 3 years
Statutory accounts preparation experience
Experience of working in a multi-currency environment
Strong attention to detail
Experience of using financial reporting systems
Experience in managing projects
Ability to communicate well across functions and departments, both orally and in writing, with all levels of staff including subsidiary senior management and financial controllers.
- Exposure to Hyperion and Oracle & knowledge of acquisition accounting a bonus!
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.