Group Category Manager - Corporate Services and ICT
Based: Central London
Remuneration: to £60,000 + company car & benefits
Our client is one of the largest providers of passenger transport in Europe, employing some 60,000 people and delivering more than 2.2 billion passenger journeys every year. Part of a wider group, they’re one of the world’s leading players in this sector and operate across 14 European markets. The business has enjoyed significant growth during recent years, both via acquisition and organically, and, with plans to continue this within new and existing markets, they seek to appoint a dynamic and commercially astute Category Manager.
As part of a restructure, they now seek to appoint a dedicated Group Procurement lead into a new role, fully responsible for the development and roll out of a new category strategy for Corporate Services and ICT, across Europe.
As a member of the group procurement team the ideal candidate will be expected to deliver and retain value from effective management of external expenditure to enhance operating margins. In simple terms they will be expected to deploy category management at group and operating company level to deliver procurement savings as well as define and deliver a programme of procurement initiatives that leverage the scale of the group (and Deutsche Bahn) to demonstrate clear improvements in risk, cost and quality.
This will include:
- Developing a strategy to drive the maturity of procurement in the ICT (and indirect spend area)
- Enhancing collaboration across the various divisions and operating companies to identify procurement opportunities and to deliver against them
- Delivering the company’s strategic objectives and savings plan as a whole
- Acting as an ambassador for the function within and beyond the company
- Developing appropriate procurement and contracting strategies that meet the demands of the investors and the EU/country legislation at all times
The category manager for ICT procurement will report directly to the Group Procurement Manager - Corporate Services and ICT, work with other senior stakeholders and external parties to ensure that in the growth agenda is matured and strengthened.
- Group category management of indirect spend in ICT
- Development and implementation of a category strategy covering spend of approximately £100m delivering manifest benefit to Arriva plc
- Maintain close liaison with project sponsors, owners, cross functional team members and end users to ensure a co-ordinated and structured approach to all aspects and phase of the procurement process
- Act as a functional expert for the contracts/categories under management, e.g. for partnering, strategic alliances, outsourcing and extended teams across the business.
The role in based in London, with some travel both in the UK and Europe.
This is an exciting time for the business as it grows and undergoes integration of systems and procedures across Europe. This role will be high profile and, for the right person, will offer significant opportunity to add real value to the business and, in return, continued personal development. If you’re interested in learning more, please apply now.
The aim is to appoint the role as quickly as is possible - if you’re interested in the role apply now to avoid disappointment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job