Group Buyer - Mandarin Speaking
GROUP BUYER (Mandarin speaking) -circa £35k
Do you have experience of Purchasing / Buying at a strategic level? Are you commercially minded? Are you a Mandarin speaker looking for a role which will allow you to add value & utilise your full skill set?
This is your chance to join a market leading, innovative, high quality manufacturer with plans to source in the far east.
Working within a busy purchasing team of 10, you will be responsible for the total purchasing life cycle together with reviewing all processes at a strategic and commercial level.
Working for a prestigious company, in fantastic modern purpose-built offices; this opportunity offers a highly competitive salary of up to £35K, early finish on Fridays, career progression & Free Parking- Based in Bournemouth.
Responsibiltiies of the Group Buyer (Mandarin):
- To operate and carry out purchasing business processes across company in line with local policies and procedures.
- To manage supplier performance to required quality, cost and delivery requirements, resolving process and complexity problems within the external supplier chain and that they are resolved in a timely manner.
- To actively work with the external supply chain to achieve the best buying terms and conditions with the most competitive price possible.
- Be the supplier(s) account owner and conduct regular order book reviews maintaining accurate and achievable delivery commitments against set targets.
- Carry out supplier selection assessments against set criteria ensuring balanced sourcing decisions are able to cope with the demands of a fast paced and changing customer business.
- Maintain procurement documents in a systematic way and in an audible fashion ensuring process compliance.
- To create cost improvement ideas with the external vendor base turning them into implemented cost improvement plans delivering year on year cost reduction.
Skills & Characteristics of the Group Buyer (Mandarin):
- Mandarin speaker
- Purchasing process knowledge
- Extensive knowledge/experience of the:Buyer principles and procedures
- Experience of working with MRP and Business reports
- Purchasing life cycle i.e. source, buy, pay
- Load and capacity and production planning principles
- Cost improvement / optimisation
- Product cost structure and pricing
- Supplier selection / sourcing
- Supplier performance management
- Total Cost Analysis (TCA) systematically presenting price structure for order placement
- Supplier negotiations skills
- Management of the supplier Order Book preparation, distribution and commitment acceptance of a doable delivery schedule
- Be proficient in SPA (Supplier Planning Assessments)
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings (specific to identified role)
Whats in it for you?
- Excellent salary on offer - circa £35k
- Hours: 8.00am till 4.30 pm - Finish at 1pm on Fridays
- Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- Canteen Facilities
- Brand-new purpose-built building
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Closed at Xmas
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'