Our client, a large PLC in the North East is looking for a Group Assistant Financial Controller to join their well-established team. This is a senior position, responsible for supporting the accounting function on a full time basis for up to 12 months, with key responsibility for the Group Financial Reporting team.
This is a unique opportunity to join a large PLC, with a strong finance team to help deliver strong results.
- Preparation of statutory group accounts and interim results under IFRS
- Preparation of subsidiary legal entity accounts under FRS101
- Management of audit relationship
- Preparation of technical accounting papers for the board
- Consolidation of Group KPIs
- Ensure financial reporting adheres to changes in accounting standards
- Group treasury reporting and controls
- Project work when required
- Fully Qualified - ACA (ideally) / ACCA/ CIMA
- Technical Accounting & Reporting knowledge.
- Commercial mind-set
- Management experience required
- Experience working in a PLC environment
- Advanced Excel skills - Comfortable working with complex financial models.
- Strong people management skills
- Fantastic communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-financial leaders
- Strategic and analytical mind-set
- Presentation skills
- Strong spreadsheet skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
This role is moving quickly, and interviews are currently being arranged. If this is of interest- please send an updated copy of your CV immediately.
- Financial Reporting
- Group Financial Reporting
- Group Accounts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job