Great position for a newly qualified accountant within a highly regarded Media organisation. Due to continued and sustained growth this position is required to assist the Group finance function and reports into a senior manager within the team.
Based at Head Office and working with the group companies, you will need to be a recently qualified accountant who has a strong technical accounting background and have an adaptable approach.
This role is an ideal opportunity for a candidate to gain a wide range of experience across consolidation, management accounting, forecasting and treasury.
This role is initially for 6 months but is highly likely to be extended or further opportunities found for a candidate who proves themselves.
- Balance sheet reviews of companies within the business
- Assist with the preparation of management accounts (to include accruals, prepayments and fixed assets)
- Assist with forecast and budgeting; consolidations, reconciliations, review and analysis
- Management of treasury, including consolidation and analysis of the groups forecast cash position
- Assist with group consolidations, period close and quarterly audits
- Financial modelling
- Reconciliation of intercompany balances across the group and resolve any differences
- Prepare audit schedules
- Prepare and review statutory across the group.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
- Experience gained within a media organisation or similar would be an advantage, but a passion to work within the industry is a must
- Strong technical knowledge and working knowledge of IFRS
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Commercially astute
- Strong Excel skills
- Confident communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to adapt your approach depending on your audience
- Ability to build excellent working relationships
- Methodical and organised in your approach.
- Financial Accountant
- Group Accountant
- Group Financial Accountant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job