We are seeking a Group Accountant to assist with the production of key financial deliverables including Group management information, forecasts, budgets, plans and preparing the Group's financial statements. The Group Accountant would be a high performing member of JLT's Group Finance department which provides critical support to the Group's C-Suite and senior management. The role reports to the Head of Financial Reporting & Planning and will provide a wide range of exposure across financial reporting, and other commercially-driven business activities.
Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group plc (JLT) is one of the world's leading providers of insurance, of the reinsurance and employee benefits related advice, brokerage and associated services. Our client proposition is built upon our deep specialist knowledge, client advocacy, tailored advice and service excellence. Together, we place our clients first, champion independent thinking and expect to be judged on the results we deliver.
The JLT Group has been listed on the London Stock Exchange since October 1987 and today has a market capitalisation of over £2.5bn. The business has been very successful and has grown substantially over recent years with employee numbers increasing from 5,000 to over 11,000 over the last 5 years. Today JLT has offices across 41 territories.
- Assisting with the production of key financial deliverables including Group management information, forecasts, budgets, plans and preparing the Group's financial statements.
- Maintaining the Group's impairment testing model. An annual impairment test is carried out across the Group's cash generating units and will require an annual gathering of up-to-date underlying data from external sources (e.g. Bloomberg and IMF) as well as internal financial data in order to perform the analysis in line with IAS 36. Sensitivity analysis and scenario modelling will also be required.
- Gathering of data and analysis of the impact of bonus arrangements across the Group. This requires an understanding of the underlying structure of each bonus arrangements in the Group, working closely with the Group HR department, and modelling the impact on the P&L, balance sheet and cash flow over multiple years.
- Monitoring of the dividends flow from the Group's subsidiaries up to the Plc company. This involves preparing an analysis of the available retained earnings of the companies in the Group and liaising the operations to determine the amounts of dividends that could be distributed up the chain of companies.
- Determining the allocation of the cost of the Group's errors and omissions (E&O) insurance policy through ownership of the Group's cost allocation model, and communication of the allocation to the Group's worldwide businesses once reviewed and approved by the Group FD and Group CEO. This task requires retrieving, analysing, and manipulating financial data from financial systems and the Group Legal department, and effectively communicating and working with multiple stakeholders in London and across the world.
- Qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA qualified) From practice or in a similar role in a large corporate or plc.
- Strong attention to detail and therefore ownership and responsibility over their work
- A willingness to work flexible hours as required
- Good technical accounting knowledge (particularly in respects of IFRS) and/or the ability to grasp/learn technical concepts
- High degree of computer literacy in Excel, and to a lesser extent Word and PowerPoint. Experience with integrated financial packages such as Oracle Hyperion and Thompson Reuters One Source desirable but not essential.
As you would expect from a company like Jardine Lloyd Thompson, we offer highly attractive reward packages. We are aware of how integral our employees are to our progress, so we ensure that everyone shares in that success. Whilst this varies from company to company within Jardine Lloyd Thompson in the UK, typical benefits can include:
- Employee share schemes
- Flexible Benefit Scheme (called Choices)
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Private healthcare scheme
JLT aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we would like to encourage applications from all the community, irrespective of race, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.