I am recruiting for a Group Accountant to join a listed retailer to work on the transition to IFRS 16.
This role will initially support the data collection exercise as part of the adoption project. Key accountability's will include:
- Responsibility for reviewing lease documentation and recording of required data points for adoption of IFRS 16 in a systematic, efficient and accurate manner
- Pro-actively raising queries to resolve issues or missing data with colleagues, including; Finance Manager - IFRS 16 implementation, Property - Legal, Property - Estates and Property - Finance
- Maintaining and updating a tracker of queries raised to support regular update meetings
- Responding and addressing comments raised upon review by the Finance Manager - IFRS 16 implementation
- Communicating with team members to ensure lessons learned are shared across the team to drive efficiency in the data capture process
- Supporting the development and implementation of new processes and controls that are efficient and robust at the point of adoption
- Preparation of materials and involvement in meetings with senior stakeholders and stakeholders from the wider business
The role will play a critical part in ensuring successful adoption of IFRS 16 and will allow you to business partner with different areas of the finance team.
It will suit a newly qualified ACA and experience of lease accounting and IFRS 16 is desirable.
- Group Accountant
- IFRS 16