I am currently representing a private equity backed events business who are looking to recruit a Group Accountant on a permanent basis. This organisation has made 13 acquisitions in the last two years and is looking to continue its international expansion via M&A activity. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to make their first move into industry from audit, joining a fast-paced company who are working towards another exit in 3 - 4 years’ time.
Reporting to the Group Reporting Manager you will be responsible for strengthening the IFRS financial reporting team to the standards of a listed business. The Group Accountant will work across the Group to help ensure timely and accurate statutory reporting and a smooth audit. The business has a complex and constantly changing corporate structure due to its acquisitive nature and financial gearing, and the acquisitions are often highly structured. You will provide technical expertise in accounting for these transactions and support in the integration of newly acquired businesses. As the Group Accountant you assist in implementing and maintaining Group policies and procedures, ensuring that they are understood and followed throughout the business, and improving the timeliness and efficiency of monthly reporting.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Responsible for project management of the annual statutory audits and monitoring of the same
- Agreeing audit timetable with our audit firms at the planning stage and monitoring of the timetable on a regular basis to ensure progress
- Working with accounting teams internationally to ensure that audit files are prepared to the highest standard by preparing reviews of work papers and audit files prepared before delivery to auditors.
- Assist in the coordination of annual audit and quarterly review activities of external auditors
- Implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements
- Liaising with counterparts internationally to ensure that accounting treatment of complex areas is aligned with group policies
- IFRS technical support for M&A and transactions activity. This includes reviewing complex financial instruments and intangible assets on acquisition
- Creating, implementing and maintaining comprehensive worldwide accounting policy documents and templates to improve clarity and consistency
- Assisting the wider finance team with any one off or ad-hoc projects requiring technical expertise.
- Assistance with transitioning between financial systems to ensure smooth transition and integration of IFRS policies and notes into new system
- Identifying and measuring fair value of intangible assets on acquisition (IFRS 3), goodwill impairment testing calculations (IAS 36), and assist in the valuation and modelling of share-based payments (IFRS 2) and options (IAS 39)
- Qualified Accountant with 3+ years PQE
- Knowledge and able to demonstrate practical application of technical accounting principles under IFRS
- Ability to articulate technical accounting issues in non-technical terms/ language
- Experience of working in technical accounting teams in practice or commerce/ industry and applying complex accounting principles to practical scenarios
- Presenting to / carrying out training on technical accounting issues to an audience containing team members at varying levels
- Writing and reviewing technical accounting memos and driving any accounting issues to resolution
- Dealing / liaising with big four audit firms on year-end group and statutory audits and closing out issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job