Location: Coventry, CV3 2SU
Salary: £42,300 - £47,000 plus bonus up to 15% and benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Group Accountant to join our new finance team and shape Orbit’s finance service for the future. In this role, you will support the Financial Controller in the delivery of Orbit’s accounting service. The role is ideal for a fully qualified accountant with team management experience looking to develop their career in a dynamic working environment.
- Achieve the key finance deliverables within agreed deadlines and to an excellent standard including but not limited to statutory accounts, monthly financial information, regulatory returns, balance sheet and control account reconciliations etc.
- Lead on the production of statutory accounts for all entities in the Group, providing information for internal and external auditors and co-ordinating the audit process.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of accounting standards, regulations and statutory accounting and disclosure requirements.
- Lead on the production of accurate and reliable monthly financial information for the monitoring of performance by the business partners.
- Lead on the preparation of regulatory financial reports, including the completion of quarterly regulatory returns.
- Maintain a robust control environment including ensuring the accuracy and reconciliation of the intercompany accounts
- Respond to ad hoc queries and requirements for consolidated Group level information.
- Effectively operate a management framework within which the team is supported and motivated to achieve its objectives in accordance with Orbit Group policies and procedures e.g. performance management, regular high impact 121s, ongoing learning and development etc.
- Lead the development of the team and positively embrace change, ensuring the operational impact is evaluated, effectively communicated and actively implemented.
- Collaborate with other managers to provide innovative solutions to problems and actively seek better ways of working e.g. evaluating the use of new technologies, maximising the use of automated processes etc.
You will be a self-starter and capable of juggling competing priorities. Key deliverables include the financial statements for the Group and its companies, monthly management reporting and maintaining a strong accounting control environment. The successful candidate will require strong attention to detail, investigative and problem solving skills and the ability to work across teams both in the finance department and the wider business. If this sounds like the ideal role for you and you have the relevant experience, we would love to hear from you.