The Group Accountant is a key member of the finance team. Reporting to the Financial Controller and acting as mentor to two part qualified accountants, you will be expected to manage the day to day accounting and reporting for the Group worldwide. You will take responsibility for providing regular and ad-hoc reports and analysis and it will be a key part of your role to improve processes and implement automation.
Key areas of responsibility:
- General Ledger, Inter-company and Fixed Asset Accounting.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and monthly Board reporting pack.
- Preparation of quarterly business review analysis.
- Ad hoc analysis to support business decision making.
- Mentoring of junior members of the finance team.
- Maintenance of control environment.
- Manage monthly and annual close within tight deadlines.
- Timely delivery of reporting and analysis.
- Continuous improvement of accounting and reporting processes including implementation of automation.
You will be a meticulous, ambitious newly qualified accountant ACA, ACCA or CIMA and ideally you will have had at least 3 years' experience. You will be passionate about finance but also interested in the wider context of the business and assisting with implementing new systems and streamlining processes.You will be a patient and conscientious communicator, willing to put in the effort to get to the essence of an issue and explain it to a non-financial audience.
The ideal candidate will have a University Degree, strong systems experience and a proven track record of group reporting.Location: London, EC1 (Nearest stations - St Pauls, Chancery lane, City ThamesLink, Farringdon, Blackfriars, Barbican). Remuneration: Competitive salary plus bonus potential plus benefits (pension match, private healthcare for family, life insurance, critical illness cover).
If you are keen to be considered please send an up to date CV and a short covering letter to support your application.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.