This is a great role for a newly qualified accountant. You will be working with a great team and the role will be varied and interesting. This is an excellent opportunity for a high calibre accountant working in practice to start their career in industry.
Key Aspects of the Role:
This is a role within the Group financial reporting team supporting all aspects of the Group finance function, including IFRS statutory accounting and reporting and consolidation of group results, with a focus on financial processes and controls. This is a great opportunity to develop the accounting and reporting processes and controls across the Group, and gain valuable experience in a wide number of financial reporting areas.
The role requires a motivated and hardworking candidate with a focus on documentation, data quality and control, and strong analytical, communication and organisational skills. Candidates will be qualified in a recognised accounting qualification within the previous two years, ideally with experience of financial reporting processes and controls for Financial Services Groups.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and develop the financial control environment through regular reviews of the financial controls in operation in businesses across the Group and at consolidation level.
- Develop and enhance reporting processes and documentation across the Group, to ensure consistent application of Group accounting policies.
- Perform and enhance data quality assessment and documentation exercises across all areas of financial reporting.
- Perform regular analytical reviews of information submitted by businesses across the Group to identify and understand trends in performance and enable the production of quality MI reporting for internal Boards and Committees, as well as external parties.
- Involvement in the group consolidation process, including process enhancements for the current reporting processes.
- Develop strong relationships with the Group external audit team, including preparing and managing certain deliverables to ensure smooth transfer of information between the audit team and all business areas.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with colleagues in Finance and other areas such as other Finance departments across the Group and Risk.
- Provide additional general support and complete ad-hoc tasks as required by Group and UK Finance teams.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Newly qualified in a recognised accounting qualification
- Good knowledge of financial controls and exposure to data quality assurance processes
- Ideally experience of working within the Financial Services industry
- Self motivated, proactive with a can do attitude towards work
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
- Strong task management skills including an ability to prioritise tasks and regularly manage multiple deliverables
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'