3-6 MONTHS - JULY START
SOUTH EAST - LOCAL AUTHORITY
£350 - £450 A DAY - INSIDE OF IR35
Baltimore Consulting are assisting a local authority with the appointment of a Group Accountant for Housing within their Finance & Resources directorate.
The experienced Group Accountant will be responsible for;
• To support the Directorate/Service in the preparation of the budget/MTFS in accordance with the corporate timescale
• To be the subject matter expert for the respective service within Housing, General Fund and HRA.
• Provide a robust and comprehensive service to the council's senior management and finance management team
• To Provide financial and accountancy support to the regeneration directorate services as required.
• Control and monitor budgets through quarterly budgetary control reports to identify and resolve (often complex) variances
• As the subject matter expert provide professional financial management and accountancy services to service departments
• Support the closure of accounts in accordance with the prescribed standards and systems in line with corporate timetables
• Complete work on a range of financial systems and processes( e.g Corporate Financial Registers, Councils cash books, Collection Fund Accounts etc.
• Review and control various capital government returns and grant claims completed by accountants
The CCAB Qualified Accountant will possess significant experience within Housing and have high level understanding of General Fund and HRA and demonstrable experience of closure of accounts, budget preparation, monitoring and capital management.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity and you are available at short notice for a new assignment then please do forward your updated CV or Call Suzanne Rudd - Associate Director on .
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'