The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting for a Group Accountant to join a multi-national events business based in Central London on a Permanent Basis.
This is a great opportunity for a qualified accountant with 2+ years of post qualified experience to provide technical support for M&A and transaction activity.
- Responsible for project management of the annual statutory audits and monitoring of the same
- Agreeing audit timetable with our audit firms at the planning stage and monitoring of the timetable on a regular basis to ensure progress
- Working with accounting teams internationally to ensure that audit files are prepared to the highest standard by preparing reviews of work papers and audit files prepared before delivery to auditors.
- Assist in the coordination of annual audit and quarterly review activities of external auditors
- Implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements
- Liaising with counterparts internationally to ensure that accounting treatment of complex areas is aligned with group policies
- IFRS technical support for M&A and transactions activity. This includes reviewing complex financial instruments and intangible assets on acquisition
- Creating, implementing and maintaining comprehensive worldwide accounting policy documents and templates to improve clarity and consistency
- Assisting the wider finance team with any one off or ad-hoc projects requiring technical expertise.
- Assistance with transitioning between financial systems to ensure smooth transition and integration of IFRS policies and notes into new system
- Identifying and measuring fair value of intangible assets on acquisition (IFRS 3), goodwill impairment testing calculations (IAS 36), and assist in the valuation and modelling of share-based payments (IFRS 2) and options (IAS 39)
- Qualified Accountant with 3+ years PQE
- Knowledge and able to demonstrate practical application of technical accounting principles under IFRS
- Ability to articulate technical accounting issues in non-technical terms/ language
- Experience of working in technical accounting teams in practice or commerce/ industry and applying complex accounting principles to practical scenarios
- Presenting to / carrying out training on technical accounting issues to an audience containing team members at varying levels
- Writing and reviewing technical accounting memos and driving any accounting issues to resolution
- Dealing / liaising with big four audit firms on year-end group and statutory audits and closing out issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Modelling skills for valuing options and shares
- Experience of international companies with global footprint
- Experience of event industry useful but not essential
- Private equity experience a plus