£60,000 - £80,000 (negotiable) + Car / Car allowance
Clifton Shard are working exclusively with successful Groundworks company in Reading who work on commercial groundworks projects ranging in size from £50k to £10 million. The majority of their work is down to repeat business with a number of major construction companies including Balfour Beatty, Wates Construction, Keepmoat and ISG. They undertake a wide variety projects within civil engineering, ground work and small demolition projects.
Due to their continued success and ongoing work they are now seeking an additional Groundworks Estimator to work on commercial projects throughout the South.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare bills of quantities and terms and conditions for new projects for Commercial Director’s review
- Liaising with the buyer for material rates at tender stage
- Preparing and comparing Sub-Contractor quotations
- Visiting prospected sites
- Attend events and client meetings as and when required
- Review contract documentation
- On successful tenders responsible for handing over the construction team
To be considered for the role you must have proven experience within commercial groundworks or civils estimating as well as the following key skills:
- Minimum 5+ years of commercial groundworks or civils estimating
- Full UK Driving license
- Strong computer and IT package skills
- Commercial acumen
- Problem solving ability
- Able to manage multiple tenders at one time
- Experience of Eque2 Evaluate and Construct
- Experience of ground modelling software
- Use of Microsoft Project
- Experience of Concrete Frames
This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys a busy role working under pressure and contributing to the success of the business. My client is a growing company so there is real opportunity to make a difference and become a valued employee.
If you are interested, please apply online today and we will be in touch within 2 working days to discuss your application. If you would like to discuss the opportunity before applying, please contact Lisa Tancock who will be happy to answer any questions you have.