Make sure you "HIT" and "APPLY" if you feel you are suitable for this role!
Carlton Recruitment will be holding Candidate Registration Days in Epsom and Wimbledon over the next two weeks.
We will be recruiting for this role and a variety of exciting temporary and permanent positions.
If you’re currently looking for your next opportunity then pop in on one of the days with your CV and passport and introduce yourself. We’ll talk you through our latest vacancies and get to know what you’re after in your career!
Open days take place between 9:00am - 5:30pm at the following locations:
Epsom - Wednesday 14th March 2018 - Global House, No 1 Ashley Avenue, Epsom, KT18 5AD
Wimbledon - Tuesday 20th March 2018 - The Wimbledon Business Centre, The Old Town Hall, 4 Queens Road, Wimbledon, SW19 8YB
NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BRING
- Your passport, if you do not have a passport please bring your full birth certificate
- Your CV and National Insurance card/letter
- Drivers and forklift operators must have their valid license so we can make copies.
Please phone our offices if you need to visit outside of hours. We look forward to seeing you.
£24,000 - £25,800
- Normal hours based around 8 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday, although some flexibility is required to accommodate seasonal variations
- Some evening and every third Saturday, work required during term-time
- 20 days holidays plus Bank Holidays
- Free lunch term-time
- Discount to the membership sports club
Our client is looking for a Temporary Groundsman to work at their prestigious day school in Wimbledon. As the Groundsman, you will be responsible for undertaking tasks to assist with the maintenance of the general condition and availability of the school’s sports facilities, whether at the main site or at Kingsway. You will work as part of an overall team of 5 Grounds staff and will report to the Head Groundsman or his Deputy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the direction of the Head Groundsman, preparing and maintaining the sports facilities, including artificial surfaces, at the main school site and the sports grounds at Kingsway, to recognised national standards and to the satisfaction of all users
- Providing grounds staff support to matches/fixtures when required
- Implementing weekly, monthly and annual agreed maintenance programmes for all facilities, including the Old Boys’ sports pitches
- Liaising with appropriate staff on the availability of sports facilities for lessons and matches, and advising on the fitness of pitches
- Working with various different types of machinery and equipment to prepare and maintain football, rugby, cricket and hockey pitches, as well as artificial surfaces
- Undertaking general maintenance of equipment as directed
- Assisting with the maintenance of trees, hedges and paths, including leaf collection and spraying
- Maintaining grounds and sports related buildings and facilities
- Cleaning dressing rooms and shower rooms when required
- Attending meetings and events, as directed
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties as directed by the Head Groundsman
- Previous experience as a Groundsman or similar
- A full understanding of field markings
- Experience of mechanical repairs and the ability to mend machinery and make small repairs
- Knowledge and experience of working with synthetic sports pitches/surfaces
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach to work
- Must also be able to work without supervision and prioritise workload according to fixture lists and weather conditions
- Relevant qualification in turf management (NVQ or similar)
- DBS Certificate would be an advantage
- Spraying certificate, PA1 & PA6 Knapsack spraying and weed killing
- A chainsaw certificate is desirable
- Full, clean driving licence
Disclaimer: Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.