Are you looking for a physical role?
Do you have a driving license?
Acorn is currently recruiting for a Grounds Maintenance Operative for Thornbury and the surrounding areas. This is a full time and permanent role with a salary of £19,312 to £19,698 dependant on experience.
We are looking for a friendly and approachable candidate who is self-driven and physically fit. Previous experience of Grounds Maintenance is highly desirable but not essential.
* Clearing town council maintained properties and other public areas of dropped litter.
* Emptying of litter bins and safe disposal of their contents.
* Cleaning of council run public toilets and changing rooms.
* Mowing of grass at town council maintained sites.
* Inspection of play areas and pitches for safety and cleanliness.
* Maintenance works in the cemetery and assisting with grave digging
* Locking and unlocking of buildings and facilities as required with responsibility for safeguarding keys and the security of property belonging to Thornbury Town Council.
* Planting, maintenance and watering of floral displays and hanging baskets
* To identify and note the main areas of litter pollution within the town by visual inspection and to report any incidents of graffiti, vandalism or dog fouling to the town council office/supervisor.
* To maintain a weekly record of areas covered, cleaning carried out, problem areas found and hours worked.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
- Grounds maintenance
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'