Delivering a high standard grounds maintenance service to schemes attracting a service charge
Estate Services :
- Maintenance of grassed area, shrubs and flower beds.
- Mowing of grassed area using both handheld mowers and ride on mechanical mowers.
- Cleaning, sweeping and weeding operations
- Preparation of ground for planting of annual bedding, shrub borders and beds
- Maintenance of hard surfaces areas
- Digging, forking, hoeing, weeding, pruning, mulching where required.
- Hedge cutting using hand and mechanical horticultural appliances
- Leaf clearing and disposal during winter months
Health and Safety:
- Transport grounds maintenance equipment to site using vans and towing trailers
- Identify issues of safety via risk assessments on a daily basis and take remedial action as necessary
- To ensure customer complaints are resolved efficiently and effectively
- To promote a positive image of Affinity Sutton at all times through the establishment of good working relationships with residents
- Carry out caretaking duties during periods where it is impossible to do grounds maintenance functions Ensure that accesses on the paths of schemes are safe during inclement weather
- Ensure that adequate supply of salt or grit are available and applied when snowy and icy conditions prevail
- Demonstrate a commitment to environmentally friendly practices in line with the organisation’s Environmental Sustainability Strategy and relevant legislation.
Person criteria :
- Education /Qualifications: None required
- Knowledge of COSHH
- Knowledge of health and safety standards
- Flexible approach to work
- Experience of working in a grounds maintenance service environment
- Experience of Shrub management
- Ability to work flexible hours including extended working hours in the growing period
- Full driving licence
Please note this is a contracted position of 3-6 months with the possibility of extension depending on budgets and performance.
**Please note as an agency we can only offer an Umbrella PAYE rate for this post **
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job