A.P Broome Landscapes Ltd is a successful, growing commercial grounds maintenance company based in Preston, Lancashire. The company has been established over 45 years and holds multi-million pound contracts covering the whole of the UK, mainly with blue chip utilities companies.
We are looking to recruit a number of Grounds Maintenance Operatives to carry out work within the South West of England.
Salary: £8.25 - £9.50 depending on experience and qualifications
Location: As well as Dorchester we are accepting applicants from the following locations;
Benefits we will offer our Grounds Maintenance Operative:
- Training opportunities - both on the job and further opportunities to gain additional qualifications
- Government pension scheme
- 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Provision of all PPE and equipment
Responsibilities and duties as our Grounds Maintenance Operative:
This job role will entail carrying out routine grounds maintenance of water utility sites (reservoirs, water treatments, pumping stations etc) for our client contract.
The candidate will be working as part of a two-man operations team supported by our dedicated contract teams based in the South of England.
Essential qualifications and skills required by our Grounds Maintenance Operative:
- Experience and knowledge of strict H&S operations and its practical implications
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work using own initiative and as part of a team
- Full UK Driving Licence
Desirable qualifications and skills required by our Grounds Maintenance Operative:
- PA1 / PA6 spraying licence
- PA2R spraying licence
- Trailer licence
- Woodchipper certification
- Utility Arb qualifications
- Utility safety passports e.g. SHEA Water/ SHEA Power/ SHEA Gas
- Blue card
- Manual Handling certification
- First Aid certification
- Grounds Maintenance certifications
- NPTC units CS30, CS31, CS38 & CS39
- Mechanical experience
If you are interested in our Grounds Maintenance Operative position, please submit your CV with a covering letter to
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive; only those successfully shortlisted for the role will be personally contacted.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'