Glendale have been awarded the contract to provide Grounds Maintenance Services to Watford Community Housing and Hightown Housing. Glendale are looking to appoint experienced operatives to assist in the service delivery of this housing contract which includes grass cutting and horticultural works on an initial short term contract.
Glendale prides itself on a high standard of work and commitment; if you think you have what it takes to join our team, apply now!
The role of GMO at our Watford Community Housing and Hightown Housing contract is essentially in the maintaining of Grass areas, annual bedding, shrub beds, hedges etc
The role is full time 40 hours per week Monday - Friday 7.30am - 4.00pm and will start and finish from our Watford Depot in Radlett. Candidates should have a minimum of 6 months experience within the horticultural / grounds maintenance industry and hold a full and clean UK driving licence. It would be advantageous to hold a licence to pull a trailer.
You will report to the Contract Manager and/or the Contract Operational Supervisor on a daily basis.
- Grass Cutting - using ride-on mowers, pedestrian mowers and strimmers.
- Litter collecting as and when required.
- Hedge Cutting.
- Maintenance of annual bedding and shrubbery including irrigation when required.
- Adherence to all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Adherence to all environmental policies and procedures.
- The completion of all quality management system paperwork as required by company policies and procedure.
Successful applicants will be offered a fixed term contract from 2nd April 2018 until 2nd November 2018 with a possible extension to 30 November 2018 depending on the needs of the contract.
The closing date for applications will be Friday 23rd February 2018 .
Glendale is an Equal Opportunities Employer.