The post holder will be responsible for the day to day management of the in-house grounds maintenance team and specialist external contractors in delivery of the grounds maintenance service to the site and to other external customers.
The position involves ensuring grounds maintenance services are delivered to the appropriate quality standard and meet the key performance indicators set out in the relevant service level agreements.
The post will also support the Head of Grounds with the planning of grounds maintenance, the development of policy and procedures to meet strategic and operational objectives.
* Managing and Overseeing up-to 20 staff and contractors.
* Management of specialist contractors
* Grounds Maintenance Service Delivery and Maintenance
* Budget and Resource Management
* Assist with preparation of departmental budgets
* Management of Health & Safety
* Ensure that risk assessments and safe systems of work are in place for all grounds work and are being adopted by both in-house and external contractors
Qualifications & Experience Required
* Experience of managing grounds maintenance teams
* Experience of monitoring grounds maintenance standards against agreed KPIs.
* Level 3 horticultural qualification
* Level 3 qualification in Health and safety
* Good knowledge of general horticulture
* Good knowledge of grounds maintenance techniques and good practice
* Knowledge and experience of team leadership and management techniques
* Knowledge of H&S
The position has excellent benefits which are listed below:
Monday to Friday (35 hours per week)
Excellent Pension Scheme
40 Days Holiday
Starting Salary = £34,000 to £43,000
Cycle to Work Scheme
Subsidised Gym Membership
Great Training & Development (Qualifications Fully Funded)
Please apply online or for further information call Tarik Bell-Ross on or
Resourcing Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- Operations Manager
- Head of Estates
- Horticulture Manager
- Grounds Manager
- Landscape Manager
- Landscaping Manager