Head of Buying
£90,000 + Package
I am recruiting for an experienced Senior Buyer / Category Buying Manager to join a leading retailer based within their north London office. You will be responsible for delivering a commercially focused Fresh product ranges that meet both company and team targets, while maintaining a strategic business focus to ensure continued growth in the categories
- Building & maintaining strong relationships with large FMCG suppliers
- Manage a Team of Buyers
- Sourcing suppliers & negotiating best cost prices
- Analysing sales figures to plan successful future lines
- Review levels of own brand stock & ensure adequate levels are available and minimise risk
- Presenting reports, figures & trend information to the Senior Management team
- Dealing and resolving escalated Grocery supplier queries
- Analyse market trends and competitor activity
- Working with the own brand development team to ensure new products adhere to department business plans
Key requirements for the role;
- Proven experience as Senior Buyer / Category Buyer Manager / Buying Manager within a fast paced, FMCG environment preferably Fresh / Frozen food
- Ability to influence and negotiate effectively
- Able to adapt swiftly in a fast paced, ever changing FMCG market.
- Good level of education, degree is preferable
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise effectively at all levels
- Good working knowledge of budgets and managing conflicting projects
- Excellent understanding of all MS Office products including advanced Excel
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Buying / Head of Category to join a leading retailer so if the role sounds of interest apply today.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'