Your new company
An award winning, NI Top 100 Business have an exciting opportunity based at their Head Office in Belfast working within the Network Planning Team. Established over 20 years, this company are enjoying a phase of maturity and stability while continuing to invest in their staff.
Your new role
The purpose of the Grid Control Officer is to facilitate the operation of a Gas Network Monitoring Department, through understanding the Distribution Network and acting on information provided by the monitoring systems to facilitate the continued safe, reliable operation of the clients asset along with appropriate emergency response when required.
* To facilitate the appropriate response to all emergency alarms.
* To act as a communications / information hub within the emergency response system.
* Liaise with members of the Grid Control officer team to ensure the seamless operation of the control and monitoring of the PNG Network on a 24-7 basis.
* Design, costing and issuing of mains extension works (incl. New Build), based on site surveys carried out by Connections / Construction.
This is a full time, permanent role and the successful candidate will be required to work shift work - 3 x 12hr day shifts (7am-7pm), 4 days off then 3 x 12hr nights (7pm-7am), 5 days off, on a rotational basis.
What you'll need to succeed
An Engineering, Numerical or other appropriate level 5 (minimum) qualification such as HND, BTEC, Degree. Alternatively, candidates with at least two years relevant work experience in an Engineering or Numerical environment will be considered.
* Good computer skills, with particular emphasis on the use of Excel, Access and Outlook.
* Good communication skills to include presentation skills and report writing.
* Knowledge of Network Analysis, GIS, CAD and databases is desirable.
What you'll get in return
As well as great career opportunities, they offer an array of benefits from a contributory pension scheme to free car parking, life assurance; annual health checks; childcare vouchers and on-site canteen as well as a free bus to work to name but a few.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Closing Date for applications: Friday 29th May.
- AutoCAD Technician
- Network Analysis
- Grid Engineer
- GIS Technician
- Asset Technician
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'