We are recruiting a Greenhouse Technician for Holland Park in west London.This role is on average 32 hours per week (annualised hours meaning more hours in summer, less in winter) paying £13.75 an hour. It is working one weekend in 4 or 5 and a Driver's Licence is essential. Experience in managing small numbers of staff and some experience in plant growing and pest and disease management is preferred.
The purpose of the role is to manage the Holland Park Nursery site as a contract resource, driving forward growing operations to ensure the glasshouses and surrounding yard are used to their full capacity and maintained to the highest possible standards.
- Manage the day to day running of the nursery with an aim to achieve maximum operational capacity in terms of production of plants for the contract.
- Ensuring that the glasshouses are operating efficiently.
- Ensuring that the Holland Park yard area is safe, tidy and well organised.
- Monitor the day-to-day workings of the section and its individuals having regard to health and safety to ensure all necessary and appropriate standards have been implemented.
- Work with the Head Gardeners and Contract Manager to establish annual bedding schemes, and medium and long term plant requirements and work to produce these at the Holland Park glasshouses.
- Record and maintain growing schedules for planting schemes.
- Propagate interesting and unusual plants for use in the Royal Borough`s parks and open spaces.
- Supervise gardeners and apprentices working in the nursery, as required, and provide guidance on glasshouse management, including health and safety and propagation.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'