A fun, dynamic product design and wholesale business seeks a talented Graphic and Packaging Designer to join their team. Your role will be to create beautiful designs and innovative packaging that makes people go wow!
You will have a love of creating fun packaging that can really help sell the product, have evidence of producing trend led highly commercial designs and packaging which have been sold on the UK high street and generated impressive results. You will have a degree or equivalent design qualification, have at least 2+ years’ experience of working within the consumer products industry.
Do you have the skill, passion and creativity this team is looking for?
A typical day in this Graphic & Packaging Design position might include:
- Innovating new packaging ideas that is commercial and eye catching.
- Creating completely new and inspirational trends and sharing Ideas with other team members.
- Being the packaging expert in the team, innovating new fun and novel packaging ideas.
- Working closely with the in-house Design and Product Development teams at product idea generation stage; providing your packaging expertise.
- Designing graphics for products that will look great in store and can sit alongside current product ranges.
- Carrying out comp shops researching the markets reporting finding to team.
- Having a good eye for trend, colours and translating trends into commercial designs.
- Tailoring new designs for different products and retail customers ensuring each has a new and unique look.
- Delivering a variety of design disciplines - Illustrative, typographic and photographic.
- Taking briefs from design and product development team ensuring meeting key dates.
- Refreshing current ranges and keeping design fresh.
- Working closely with the marketing team creating marketing material.
As Graphic & Packaging Designer you will have:
- 1-3 years’ experience in design, working for a supplier or retailer.
- Able to show examples of designs that have been produced for the UK retail market.
- Must have experience designing innovative packaging for retail product.
- A graphic design degree or equivalent design qualification.
- Excellent skills of Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign.
- An interest in photography is ideal.
- A range of practical skills and a willingness to get your hands dirty are essential.
Why you’ll love this job:
- Joining a business with an enviable back-catalogue of market leading products.
- A fun working environment with a great team.
- Lovely offices!
What they’ll love about you:
- Your commercial eye and innovate approach
- Your friendly persona and positive, can-do attitude.
- You love of what you do and are passionate about good design.
If you have what it takes for one of the most exciting design roles in this industry then please send your C.V and portfolio (or portfolio link) to us today!
- Graphic Design
- Idea Generation