Graduate/Junior designer - Wage negotiable based on experience
We are a fun family run market leading UK Home and Gift Design Company based in North Cornwall. We as a company market an extensive range of Gift and Homeware products which are designed 'in house’ and currently embrace some 4,000 items. Our product sales are driven by a demand in fashion and popular current trends, requiring a high turnover of newly designed items each year with approximately 75% of our range changing on an annual basis.
Our main sales markets are independent Gift Shops, Departmental Stores and Garden Centres. Geographically the majority of our sales are in the U.K. and Southern Ireland with a small but growing export market recently expanding to both Australia and America. Sales are obtained via our national sales team, major exhibitions in the U.K., 'in house’ exhibitions at Head Office, website trade sales and a first class office sales team. In the medium term it is our intention and aspiration to mount overseas sales exhibitions such as the Paris Maison & Objet.
We work with factories and studios throughout India and the Far East and maintain an office in Delhi. The majority of our manufacturing facilities are located in India, China, Thailand, the Philippines and Vietnam. You will be corresponding on a daily basis with these suppliers and factories sourcing and developing products, making sure the sampling process is going as planned.
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a creative and passionate graduate/junior designer to come and work within our bubbly design team and bring a fresh look to our ever evolving product range. We are looking for someone with a keen interest in current popular trends within fashion, homeware and giftware. If you are someone who is forever on Pinterest and checking out blogs this job would be perfect for you. It’s important that you have a flare for Illustration whether it’s hand drawn or vector based, on a day to day basis you will developing your designs on Adobe software, such as Illustrator so basic knowledge is a necessity however support will be available to strengthen your current knowledge. We are looking for someone with the ability to confidently present their ideas to the rest of the team and use the constructive feedback to develop their ideas into a finished commercial range.
What We Are Offering:
We are offering the chance for you to work on creative briefs, where you can be involved in taking a concept right through to a finished outcome which you can see in shops all around the UK. We have the luxury of being located in an attractive area close to some of the best beaches in Cornwall, however if the rural life isn’t for you there is a shared commute from Plymouth to Bude. You will join our friendly close knit team and work within a welcoming family run business.
We are always striving to develop our dynamic in-house design department to supply innovative products to both our Independent and Multiple Retail customers. We also wish to further improve our Print, E-Mail and online marketing strategies as E-Commerce is rapidly becoming a large part of our business. We are a very enthusiastic company that is actively looking to expand even further and believe this is an exciting opportunity for a new team member and a real chance for them to progress and grow with us.
Your job role will include:-
- Researching current trends both online and in store and presenting concept boards to team members and directors.
- Working with a buying team creating new and original designs.
- Illustrating and developing different styles of design for different target markets - Using both Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Applying designs onto 2D representations of 3D products using Adobe Illustrator.
- Working on product branding and packaging.
- Corresponding with suppliers in order to send finished artwork.
- Creating HTML E-mail newsletters using Adobe Photoshop for our database of customers.
- Updating promotional sections within our e-commerce website.
- Working on advertising campaigns - Printed as well as Online.
- Working on small catalogues and promotional leaflets using Abode InDesign.
- Assisting with product photography for the website.
- Assisting with range photoshoots of new finished ranges for our "Look Book".
- Assisting with merchandising at our in house shows and exhibitions.
- UK and European travel to Trade Show Exhibitions.
Technical Skills Required:
You will need basic - advanced Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills as well as basic knowledge of HTML and CSS languages to be able to code basic E-mail Newsletter. Open to learning technical back office software which is needed to prepare a product for sale; such as setting up barcodes and product codes.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Graphic Design
- Adobe Illustrator
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'