Job Title: Graphic Designer
Salary: £18k - £24k DOE
Working Hours: Mon - Thurs 9am - 5:15pm, Friday 9am - 4pm
Our client is an industry leader in all things craft. With an experienced team of product designers, they create innovative, themed collections and projects to excite and inspire consumers within various categories such as paper craft, soft craft, sugar craft and much more.
This company produces high quality craft products using both in-house artwork and also licenced artwork from internationally renowned brands.
As graphic designer you will be required to research, present, brand and produce high standard designs for product and packaging that adhere to deadlines and briefs set out by product management. As part of this you will be required to work within the parameters of style guides provided by licenced brands as well as produce style guides for in-house designs.
You will be expected to see a project through from brief stage right through to completion and as part of this you will be expected to liaise with suppliers on product design requirements and provide print-ready artwork.
You will also be required to self-critique throughout the design process, working closely with both senior designers and product management.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Comprehensive experience in both Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator is essential (with the emphasis on Illustrator)
- A proven track record within the design industry (which includes graphic design, textiles design, print design)
- Commercial awareness and the ability to understand target audiences
- A creative insight into product, packaging and brand design
- Experience in creating pattern and working with repeat designs would be advantageous, as would an interest in arts and crafts
- Experience with working with licensed artwork would also be advantageous but not essential
- A willingness to go the extra mile
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our full equal opportunities policy can be viewed here: http://equal-opportunities/
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job