Graduates who are interested to become Teaching Assistants, Barnet, North London
Salary-from £65 -£70 PER DAY
Contract term-Long Term/Permanent
GSL Education are urgently seeking a confident, and experienced Teaching Assistant for our client school located in the London Borough of Barnet. The school is looking for graduates who are interested to support children in the classroom and raise academic standards.
Our client offers a rich and stimulating curriculum that is individually tailored reflecting good practice in an environment that supports the pupils’ learning. The school offers a range of sensory and therapeutic interventions and a multidisciplinary approach to pupil needs. The school has developed a holistic approach working in partnership other agencies, parents and families to have their needs met from one center. There is a strong focus on maintaining good relationships between home and school. They encourage respect for others, good manners and tolerance.
The successful candidate must have:
• Good honours degree in relevant subject
• GCSE qualifications in English Language and Maths
• Excellent communication skills, oral and written
• Experience of working with young people
• Good organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
• An understanding of a school environment and the barriers students and parents
• A deep commitment to inclusion and equality of opportunity
• Commitment to the highest standards of child protection
• The ability to demonstrate energy, vigour, perseverance, and a 'Can Do’ philosophy
• A strong commitment to working with disadvantaged young people
In return, the school offers:
• Delightful, enthusiastic children who enjoy learning and all aspects of school life
• An inclusive team of dedicated, friendly and supportive staff
• A genuine commitment to staff well being
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. Candidates wishing to apply are requested to forward a copy of their CV to our Business Development Manager Nick Stanley as soon as possible.