Our client is an impressive employer who employ 500 staff in the UK and have all of the opportunities that a global company can offer, including training and development for your career.
The role requires a graduate (pref in a medical or related degree) who is interested in developing into a medical Sales Account Manager, with a training and development plan tailored for them. They state:-
- We have introduced an alternative channel whereby you (the appointment scheduler)will spend the day calling surgeries and speaking to receptionist’s, trying to get through to the relevant GP or Nurse in order to book a remote 'E detail’ Appointment.
- This is similar to a traditional face to face appointment, but it’s conducted remotely, over the phone and internet by a representative
- This is very much a sales role where they will be selling feature and benefits to doctor surgeries so speaking to doctors and Practice Managers
- Working on a list of existing surgeries as well as growing new lists
- Calling GP surgeries to book in appointments for Medical sales Reps to go in and present drugs to HCP’s
- Very complex conversations
- The call process has to be very ethical and professional because they are a pharma company.
It is not a customer service role, although a really good telephone manner is essential
So the person needs to be clear and concise about what the call is about.
You cannot talk about the drugs at all - Compliance Rules.
There are strict guidelines when making a call, so this may not necessarily suit someone who is creative.
Essential skills required:
Very PC Literate - Word and Excel as capturing information used for reporting which must be put into excel spreadsheets
Strong and concise communication skills, professional and intelligent sounding
- Communication Skills